- Our services: We collect and hold personal data of our customers, enquirers and visitors to our website (“you“) in order to keep you updated on Fledglink, provide you with our services and respond to enquiries.
- Direct marketing: We may also send marketing communications about our services by email to existing customers and enquirers. See paragraph 2.3 below.
- Sharing your data: We may share your data with other organisations or individuals who assist us with the services, including specialists such as marketing and social media consultants working on behalf of Fledglink. See paragraph 4 below.
- Your rights. You have the right to access a copy of the data we hold about you and additional rights to object to our use of your data in some circumstances. See paragraph 6 below.
How we collect and use your data
- The information we collect
In order to keep you updated with news and information about and from Fledglink we can collect:
- Your name
- Your email address
- Your identified sex
- Mobile number
- Other information you choose to give us. This includes information about a specific category you identify with (e.g. student, parent, organisation), polls and survey answers etc.
We use such information to manage our relationship with you and to provide the certain services (e.g. so you can access downloadable content). We may also undertake marketing activities – see paragraph 2.3 below.
We may also collect information or create additional records relating to you during the course of providing our services, but this will be in the form of collective data and the information will be anonymised e.g. the demographics of people visiting our site.
We may send you one or more surveys during the course of our services, and once the services have finished. It is optional for you to complete these surveys. They may include questions relating to your feelings and opinions entering the workforce or transitioning to a new job, and assessment processes. They may also include questions on your age range, gender, ethnic origin and disabilities. The results of our surveys are used for diversity monitoring, and to help us better understand who is using our services and why in order to improve and tailor our services better. We assign a number to each individual’s responses so we can compare the pre- and post-intervention data. We aim to anonymise the responses once the survey process is complete.
- Direct marketing
We may send you marketing communications about our services by email. We provide an option whether or not you want to receive such communications when you first get in touch online. You may also opt-out of receiving these at any time by contacting us at [email protected]
Note that even if you do not wish to receive marketing communications, we may still use your email address to contact you in relation to the services you are receiving as described elsewhere in this notice, for example, communications to confirm your downloads, and on service updates.
We may also use the information you provide us to invite you to follow Fledglink on social media e.g. Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Snapchat, LinkedIn and in turn to connect and follow you. This is so that we can keep you updated or informed with news and updates about Fledglink.
- Records of services
We may collect and maintain other records relating to our services to a customer, including details of specific services provided and communications exchanged.
Visiting our website or contacting us
If you contact us by other means such as telephone, we may retain your contact details and your communication in order to handle your query, keep you updated on services relating to your query and maintain records of communications.
- Other use of your personal data
We may also use your personal data for:
- contacting you in relation to the services we are providing, which may include communications on service updates and availability;
- administration and maintenance of the services and our business;
- reviewing and enforcing your compliance with our terms of service; and
- compliance with legal obligations, or protection and enforcement of our legal rights and those of customers or other individuals.
Security and retention of data
We take steps to protect your personal data from loss or misuse. You should also take steps to ensure confidentiality.
Our data servers are currently located within the European Union, and we do not transfer your data outside the European Union in providing our services as described above.
Our standard retention period for customer data is ten years, and we seek to archive such data after five years.
Sharing your data
We may share relevant personal data relating to you with other organisations and individuals who assist us with our services. We shall remain responsible for how these parties use your data on our behalf, and you should direct queries relating to their use of your data to us.
These other organisations and individuals include:
- our associates who assist us as part of our services.
- providers of technology services, including hosting and development of our website and applications.
We may also disclose personal data, where appropriate, to:
- our service providers and professional advisers;
- governmental or regulatory bodies and law enforcement authorities;
- any purchaser or (on terms of confidentiality) likely purchaser of our business; and
- other third parties where required or permitted by law.
Legal basis for use of your data
Data protection laws require us to identify the legal basis for the collection, use and disclosure of your data, as described above. The following apply to our activities.
- Processing necessary for performance of a contractwith you, for example use of your information in order to provide you with our digital downloads and service update information.
- Processing necessary for our legitimate interests as a business and a provider of our services, for example, to handle queries, to maintain appropriate records of communications, and otherwise to manage our relationship with you.
- Processing necessary to comply with a legal obligation, for example, if we are required to disclose any of your information to law enforcement authorities.
- Processing of personal data with your consent, including direct marketing activities and undertaking surveys.
Accessing your details and other queries
If you would like to access a copy of any personal data which we hold about you, please send a request by email to us at [email protected]
You also have rights, in certain circumstances, to object to us using your personal data, or to request that your personal data is corrected or erased. Please contact us at [email protected] about these rights.
The cookies in use to deliver Google Analytics service are described in the table below.
|Google Analytics||These cookies are used to store information, such as what time your current visit occurred, whether you have been to the site before, and what site referred you to the web page.These cookies contain no personally identifiable information but they will use your computer’s IP address to know from where in the world you are accessing the Internet.
Google stores the information collected by these cookies on servers in the United States. Google may transfer this information to third parties where required to do so by law, or where such third parties process the information on Google’s behalf.
For more information on the usage of cookies by Google Analytics please see the Google website. A link to the privacy advice for this product is provided below for your convenience.
- Internet Explorer
- Google Chrome
- Mozilla Firefox
- Apple Safari
Contact & Communication
Every effort has been made to ensure a safe and secure form to email submission process but advise users using such form to email processes that they do so at their own risk.
The FLEDGLINK website and its owners use any information submitted to provide you with further information about the products/services they offer or to assist you in answering any questions or queries you may have submitted. This includes using your details to subscribe you to any email newsletter program the website operates but only if this was made clear to you and your express permission was granted when submitting any form to email process. Or whereby you the consumer have previously purchased from or enquired about purchasing from the company a product or service that the email newsletter relates to. This is by no means an entire list of your user rights in regard to receiving email marketing material. Your details are not passed on to any third parties.
General Competition Terms and conditions
- The promoter of the competition is Fledglink Ltd.
- The competition is open to residents of the United Kingdom, aged 11 years and over, except employees of Fledglink and their close relatives and anyone otherwise connected with Fledglink.
- There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter this competition.
- By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating their agreement to be bound by the Fledglink legal framework included on but not limited to this page.
- To enter, entrant is required to fill in their details fully as provided by the promoter.
- Only one entry will be accepted per person. Multiple entries from the same person will be disqualified.
- No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason.
- The promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition and these terms and conditions without notice in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, act of God or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside of the promoter’s control.
- Any changes to the competition will be notified to entrants as soon as possible by the promoter.
- The promoter is not responsible for inaccurate prize details supplied to any entrant by any third party connected with this competition.
- The prize is as stated and no cash or other alternatives will be offered. The prize is not transferable. The prize is subject to availability and we reserve the right to substitute any prize with another of equivalent value without giving notice.
- The winner will be notified by email within 28 days of the closing date. If the winner cannot be contacted or does not respond to the prize within 14 days of notification, we reserve the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and/or pick a replacement winner.
- The promoter’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- Entry into the competition will be deemed as acceptance of these terms and conditions.
- The competition and these terms and conditions will be governed by laws of the United Kingdom and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the United Kingdom.
- The winner agrees to the use of his/her name and image in any publicity material, as well as their entry. Any personal data relating to the winner or any other entrants will be used solely in accordance with current United Kingdom data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party without the entrant’s prior consent.
- The winner’s name will be available 28 days after closing date by emailing the following address: [email protected]
- This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Linkedin or any other company. You are providing your information to Fledglink Ltd and not to any other party.
- The promoter shall have the right, at its sole discretion and at any time, to change or modify these terms and conditions, such change shall be effective immediately upon posting the changes.
- The promoter reserves the right to cancel the competition if circumstances arise outside of its control.
Rules for Super Future Job Predictor Competition
The “Super Future Job Predictor” competition is being run at fledglink.com/superfuturejobpredictor/ and will be referred to in this section as “competition”.
This competition follows the same legal outline as our General Competition terms and conditions, except for making the following changes and updates which override the general competition terms.
- The prize in the competition is £100 of digital gift vouchers in from Amazon.co.uk.
- On the last day of the month in September, October, November, December in the year 2019, a winner will be chosen at random from all qualified entries in the competition.
- Winners will be chosen by random software, chosen from all entries received.
- The closing date for entries will be 5pm 31st December 2019. After this date then no further entries to the competition will be permitted.
- This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Amazon, Make Your Mark or any other company. You are providing your information to Fledglink Ltd and not to any other party.