Youth Board Member
Start Date: Nov 16, 2020
Closing Date: Oct 21, 2020
At Fledglink, our mission is to help young people better understand themselves and the world of work, so they can make informed and confident decisions about what they’d like to do after education. We connect young people across the UK with opportunities relevant to them, helping them to find their perfect next steps.
Our team is made up of positive change-makers, helping to inspire young people drive their decision making about careers. We love providing support and driving positive change in young people’s lives but to do that, we need to listen to our audience. We need fresh ideas, new ways of thinking, and ultimately, insights from young people on the ground to help drive us forward as an organisation that is committed to preparing the world’s future workforce for the world of work. This is where you come in!
We’re on the lookout for engaged young people to join the Fledglink Youth Board. This will be our very first Youth Board of any kind! The Youth Board will be a key platform in our business for you to bring your thoughts and ideas directly to the table. You will be representing other young people like you by helping us understand the things that are on your mind when it comes to your future and career, challenging our approaches and ways of working, and collectively come together to make change for good. This is your chance to have your voice heard, make a meaningful impact and progress your career by gaining valuable skills and networks.
Collaborate: Join once every two month youth board meetings focusing on different topics. Effectively contribute your ideas and recommendations to discussions.
Provide feedback: To drive our business forward, we need your feedback. You will be asked to input your ideas around our product offering, communication channels and how we drive engagement to the Fledglink app and website.
Be an ambassador: Gain an understanding of the Fledglink brand and youth employment market to spread the messages to your peers inside and outside of school/college/university.
Complete tasks/projects: We want to get young people connected. Once a quarter, we will ask you to work with your fellow Youth Board members to complete a task or project and have the chance to present back to the group.
Who we’re looking for
We believe great things happen when different people come together. We are looking for a diverse mix of people from different parts of the UK, different genders, ethnicities, backgrounds, social class and life experiences.
- You must be aged between 16 – 20 and be living in the UK or The Republic of Ireland to be eligible for the Youth Board.
- You are eager to learn new things and develop your skills.
- You have a creative side and are willing to come up with new ideas.
- You can challenge the norm and point out shortcomings.
- You enjoy solving problems and welcome any new challenge that comes your way.
- You can confidently share messages with fellow young people and other stakeholders associated with the Fledglink business (including teachers).
Benefits of becoming a member
- A fantastic way to get a head start on growing your personal & professional networks.
- Provides you with a platform to voice your opinions and get your concerns raised about careers and education heard.
- A great way to develop invaluable soft and employability skills such as networking, problem-solving and presenting; things that employers are always looking for.
- An important role to put on your Fledglink digital CV to grow your experience and showcase to employers.
- Work on real projects and deliver true value to young people in the UK and to Fledglink as a business.