In the UK, the 2019 summer school holidays are already almost over! For many, this will mean embarking on a new stage of their academic lives, whether its starting or returning to A-levels, GCSEs or college. As a result, the days leading up to starting school again seem to fly by and the list of things you need to get sorted before school begins can seem overwhelmingly long. It can be tricky to know where to begin or how to prepare and at the same time, you'll want to make the most of your final days of freedom! We've compiled a list of 10 great tips to help you ease back in after the summer.
1) Set yourself some ground rulesIt can be easy to fall back into the same patterns you had before the holidays started. But the last few days before returning to school can be a great opportunity to think back over the previous year. Ask yourself what went well for you and why, and what you should be improving on. Kicking off the year with some new ground rules in mind will help you to stay focused. Some examples could be:
- Less procrastination
- Waking up earlier
- Doing a bit of homework every night
- Checking the Fledglink app every day to work on building your future career... ;)
2) Make plansPost-summer blues is a real thing and it can really suck. The best way to fight them off is to make sure you're still having fun! Make plans with your friends to hang out after the first day back - it will give you the chance to catch up with each other properly and will mean you'll look forward to the first day back a bit more.
3) Get new stationeryAh, stationery, one of life's great joys. Kitting yourself out with some new funky pens and notebooks can do wonders for your motivation. Something about those clean, fresh white pages and brand new highlighters can really make you feel genuinely excited about revision... unless that's just me... In all seriousness, if something as simple as having new stationery can help you get excited and motivated to start learning again, it is well worth the investment. Having the right equipment ready is also an essential part of preparation for school. There are a number of shops that do good quality, fun stationery:
- Paperchase do lots of unique and decorative stationery
- Flying Tiger also offers stationery with unique and beautiful designs, great for those on a budget
- Amazon will also always be a top choice when it comes to sourcing stationery at affordable prices